100% automated & evergreen 🚀
Main focus of this site is to experiment with SEO, conversion rate optimization and just fundamental routines within the e-commerce section (like taxes, capturing payments, order fulfillment etc.).
I wanted to setup a simple e-commerce site. Brainstormed with myself for a product and these were my requirements:
- Evergreen - something that's always "current" / something people will always Google for. Why? No need for marketing. Just great SEO
- Easy to ship and store
- Minimal customer support
- Cheap enough for anyone to make quick, one-time, purchases = no need to build a brand that people must see 7 times before buying*
* The rule of 7 simply says that the prospective buyer should hear or see the marketing message at least seven times before they buy it from you
- Reach top 3 for target keywords on Google + generate some traffic
- Make at least 1 sale every week
Fun fact 🙈
I launched this site as a smoke test for my idea. When I made my first sale I didn't even have a product! 💩 Also, I was in Thailand when it happened and didn't notice the sale until 8 days after he had purchased it (do'h). I had to quickly figure something out and ship the product he'd paid for.
The business is almost 100% automated and generates a small but steady passive income.
- 3PL (third-party logistics) that handles shipping.
- Klarna for payments (Swedes love it).
- Running costs are close to 0. My only cost is the domain name. Hosting is free, reliable and blazing fast (shoot me a message on LinkedIn if you want to know how).
I now have a GREAT template to copy and paste when new ideas emerge. Smoke test new business ideas = 🔥
👉 See the website in action here.